Software Engineer - PE/2790
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market rates
Location: Gloucestershire - Cheltenham
Date: 11 July 2018
Software Engineer required for leading global security company on a permanent basis based in Cheltenham. We are looking for a Software Engineer who has experience in Java and the use of Object Orientated design and experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software. Ideally the candidate will have an exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins. The successful Software Engineer must have prior experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s and be able to hold to maintain a UK security/government clearance.
Are you a Software Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Working from the newly opened central Cheltenham offices, The client works with a variety of clients to provide technical solutions to a variety of challenges. With demand for our services continuing to grow, we are looking to appoint Software Engineers at various levels from junior developers experience up to team leader positions.
How you will make a difference
You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business.
Key criteria required:
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solution
- Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
Also, we’d love it if you have experience of:
- Current UK Government clearance
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s
- Exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience with Nifi
- Technical exposure of Messaging Technologies
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Experience across different programming languages, such as: Java EE, Python, C++
- Working experience across some of the following frameworks: EJB, JSF, Spring, JUnit, EasyMock
- Experience with open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products.
- Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Use your spare time to watch the world famous cold cup at the local racecourse or take in the fine art at the Wilson museum. Cheltenham has great transport links to all over the UK. There are a number of fantastic restaurants and is regularly listed as the top place to live in the UK.
Please call a member of the SQ resource team on 020 8463 0555
Software Engineer – Agile/Scrum – Java stack – DevOps – Engineer
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business